Our products span bare-metal integration, on-hand expertise for advice as you need it, and full operational management of your HPC environments.
Comprising hardware installation, validation and verification, our bare-metal integration product includes:
- Full project management from conception to delivery.
- Provision of site and pre-installation surveys.
- Delivery aggregation, offsite staging and pre-acceptance testing.
- A specialised delivery service for seamless, friction-free installation.
- Application of acceptance validation and verification testing processes.
- Delivery of comprehensive testing and audit documentation.
- Optional integration with your existing systems.
- Standard operating system installed ready for handover.
- Minimise your risk for new installations.
- Use our proven HPC environment and performance capabilities.
Apply our expertise of an industry-wide spectrum of technologies and solutions:
- Hardware vendors: APC, ATOS, Cisco, Cray, DDN, DellEMC, HPE, IBM, Lenovo, Mellanox, Netapp, Nvidia, Panasas.
- Cloud platforms: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, VMware.
- Value-added resellers: Boston, DTP, Exertis Hammer, Fujitsu, ROC Technologies (Esteem Systems), TechData, TecTrade.
- Software providers: AMD, Arm, BeeGFS, Cray, Ellexus, Intel, OpenFlightHPC, OpenHPC, Quobyte, Redhat, Starfish, SuSE.
Retain full responsibility for your HPC solution while supplementing it with access to expert advice with a consultancy service plan.
For new installations
- Build on our bare-metal integration product.
- We'll add hardware specification consultancy to ensure your solution integrates and operates smoothly.
For existing installations
- We'll perform a comprehensive audit of your existing hardware installation.
- You'll receive a detailed set of system documentation.
- We'll provide you with recommendations for next steps.
Platform software provision
With the base platform established, we'll arrange an on-site pre-installation meeting to discuss your platform software requirements. We perform an industry best-practice Open Platform installation, with options including:
OpenHPC for bare-metal, comprising:
- Administrative tools including: clustershell, conman, genders, lmod, mrsh, pdsh, prun.
- Compilers including: GNU series, Intel ICP, LLVM suite.
- Development tools: automake, cmake, valgrind.
- MPI runtime packages: Intel MPI compat, MPICH, MVAPICH2, OpenMPI.
- Parallel libraries including: boost, fftw, hypre, mumps, petsc, scotch, slepc, trilinos.
- Provisioning tools including: XCAT, Warewulf.
- Job-scheduling including: Slurm, PBSPro, Open Grid Scheduler.
- Monitoring and alerting: Nagios and Ganglia.
- OpenStack for private-cloud on bare-metal.
Access to our expertise
Supplement your HPC solution with access to call-off consultancy via Alces Flight Center:
Annual subscription to our Alces Flight Center service portal, providing:
- A centralised service housing all documentation and information regarding your HPC solution.
- Configurable access and visibility for multiple users within your organisation.
- A documentation repository for hardware, cloud and software assets.
- Project governance features.
- Service credits allocated on demand to deliver your chosen services.
Access to expert engineers on a consultancy basis:
- You retain responsibility for routine maintenance, break-fix servicing and usage and configuration of all software.
- Advice-only consultancy provided by our expert engineers.
- Optional management of interaction with upstream code-base support from named providers (as nominated/selected by you).
- 4-hour SLA available for urgent cases to ensure business continuity.
- Turn-key solution for self-supporting customers.
- Ideal for customers who prefer to adjust a pre-installed base rather than undertake a wholesale redeployment.
- Reduces risk and shortens time-scales for getting a base platform running after hardware installation.
- Option for ongoing advice and consultancy on base platform when required.
Build out your HPC solution with our fully-managed platform product. Available for HPC clusters and private cloud systems, we provide:
All the benefits of Flight for Self-Managed HPC plus:
- Daily checks to ensure the ongoing operation of your environment and to mitigate developing issues before they cause issues.
- Management of all hardware and/or cloud components.
- Asset management and auditing.
- Remote monitoring and alerting.
- Change-control and verification process.
- Statement of work (SOW) management for complex projects.
- The Alces Flight Gateway access, control and monitoring appliance.
- Reduces risk around ongoing management of the base platform.
- Stable, change-managed platform.
- Ideal for sites looking to focus on end-users rather than software technologies.
- De-risks the installation and ongoing management of new systems.
Built on top of our fully-managed platform product, our fully-managed environment product creates a fully comprehensive HPC solution that includes:
- All the features of our Flight for Managed Platforms product.
- End-user management services.
- Software application configuration and optimisation assistance.
- Job-scheduler management, monitoring and configuration.
- Disaster-recovery and business-continuity options.
Alces Flight Direct HPC user environment, comprising:
- Multiple simultaneous software environments supporting a diverse user-base.
- Flight Gridware: HPC application compilation, installation and optimization management.
- Easybuild, Spack and Conda application management environments.
- Singularity containerisation support, including Docker container compatibility.
- Remote GUI desktop capabilities for your HPC environment.
- Compatible with Intel, AMD, Arm and Power CPU architectures.
- Operates with Nvidia, Intel and AMD accelerators.
- End-to-end managed environment.
- Allows you to focus on your primary business activities.
- Ongoing “best-results” involvement from our engineers.
- Enables portability and platform agnosticism.
Consultancy and Training.
Engage us to help you achieve the aims of your HPC projects.
We can provide:
- Bespoke management services for your existing platform (subject to an audit of your existing hardware installation).
- Ongoing projects to create or enhance your on-premise, third-party hosted or cloud-based HPC environment via requirements analysis, implementation, testing and ongoing management.
- Training and engagement with user groups within your organisation to enhance usage of existing HPC solutions.
- Benchmarking and optimisation services.